- Signature: Obverse (Omote): Uda Kunitsugu, Reverse (Ura): -
- Type: Tanto
- Blade Length: 25.6 cm
- Period : Muromachi (around 1429)
- Base width (Moto-haba): Approx. 2.2 cm
- Base thickness (Moto-kasane): Approx. 0.65 cm
- Tip width (Saki-haba): Approx. 1.8 cm
- Tip thickness (Saki-kasane): Approx. 0.5 cm
- Weight: Approx. 172.7 g (excluding Habaki and handle)
- Habaki Weight: Approx. 11.8 g
- Saya (Scabbard) Length: Approx. 41.5 cm
- Mekugi-ana (peg hole): 1
Introducing a breathtaking Tanto by the renowned Uda Kunitsugu. A pristine piece, this blade also boasts a distinct groove (hi) which further accentuates its beauty. Kunitsugu is a well-recognized master craftsman from the Uda school, famously known as the offspring of Kunifusa. This sword embodies the refined artistry and skill of Japan during the Muromachi period.
About Kunitsugu: The Uda school traces its origins to Kunimitsu and thrived during the Nanboku-chō period with swordsmiths like Kunifusa, Kunimune, and Kunitsugu, extending its influence into the Muromachi period. According to inscriptions, Kunitsugu was the younger brother of Kunimitsu. Historically, swords from the early Kunitsugu, dating back to the Embun era, are rare finds. This particular blade is believed to be crafted by the Kunitsugu who is passed down as the child of Kunifusa, and from its inscriptions, it is discerned to be one of the oldest known works from around the Eikyō period (circa 1429).
・Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
・Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
・These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- Swords are shipped from Tokyo, Japan. We manage all the procedures to export the sword.
- You can't return sword to Japan because procedures are too strict.
- We work with a shipping company that have experience with Nihonto so you don't have to worry.
- Please check the rules of your country before importing the sword. We do not take any responsibility, including (not limited to) refund, due to the above reasons.
You can pay by Bank card or Bank transfer. If you wish to use bank transfer please contact us to email@example.com
・All our swords are registered in the Agency for Cultural Affairs as artwork and The Board of Education(Cultural properties protection Committee); therefore each sword has the registration card, issued by the Board of Education.
・After receiving the full payment of the items,we return the registration card and get the permission from Ministry of Cultural Affairs to export the swords legally from Japan. It will take about 20 business days to do this procedure.
・After the receiving the permission, we will inform you by email and send the items immediately.
Antique Swords from Tokyo, Japan
This sword is located in our studio in Tokyo, Japan.
We use our expertise to bring you the finest antiques from Japan. All swords are forged by craftsmen of different periods and styles.